Happy New Year!!!
First, I want to Thank YOU for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read my blog and leave comments, it means so much to me!!! I know I haven’t been posting as much towards the close of the year and that was due to my hectic work schedule. During the holidays, my schedule was not consistent and I was working days that I typically am not scheduled to work, so I apologize for the lack of posts during that time, but I’m back!!!
Where has the time gone??? I can vividly remember starting this blog last January and submitting my first post in February, it was an exciting time for me. And I’m happy to say that I’ve been blogging for an entire year now!!!
I want to share with you a few of my goals for the New Year! I don’t consider these to be New Years Resolutions because I actually began these last year, but as I evolve, I need to tweaked them to fit my life currently.
- To practice consistency… This is very important to me because I want to be able to start a task/goal and work at it consistently without ceasing. The moment something in my life throws me a curve ball, I have the tendency to drop the ball (pun intended).
- To choose happiness… There is so much going on in our society and in our world that could easily cause a person to go into a state of depression. Some days I have a hard time shutting these things out. I don’t watch the News for this particular reason. So, I’m choosing happiness in spite of the negativity in this world.
- To be more forgiving of myself… Forgiveness isn’t the easiest thing to do. And I think it’s harder to forgive yourself at times. I struggle with this because I am my worst critic. I don’t want to harbor negative thoughts and feelings about myself and in order for me to overcome this, I must learn to forgive myself.
- To practice self-love… What I mean by this is to make time for me. I care for my dad and other peoples family members for a living. This is absolutely draining and I feel like I’m giving myself to everyone but me. It may sound selfish and that’s cool, but how can I care for others when I’m not caring for my own well being. I must take and make time for me this upcoming year.
- To capture memories… In high school, my friends would tell you, I always had a camera handy. And I miss capturing those moments with an actual camera. I know that technology has made it possible to take awesome photos with our smart phones, but I miss going to Walmart and print out photos for an album or to place in a picture frame. I want to get back to doing that this year.
I wish you all a prosperous year!!!! Thank you for stopping by and please leave comments below!!!
What are your goals for this year???